View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #59
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Sci-Fi Police of the year 2049 AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Which is more important - having more bodies on the street with minimal equipment, or having fewer bodies on the street and better equipment (the cost of equipment cutting into the overall budget that provides for wages).
I feel like the body count is the biggest issue. However, some equipment lets you get the body to more places. The officer's car is a big example of this, and it makes me really curious about drones. On the one hand, their expensive, and may take bodies off of the street and into the station. On the other, they could let a policeman effectively be in multiple places at once.

I just wonder how effective a policeman using a drone remotely can be at his job. Also, downing a police drone feels like a much lesser offense than shooting a cop.

Now I've got this image of a hovering drone trying to break up a case of domestic violence because the neighbors heard screams. I can't decide if its going to work or not. I can't imagine onery drunks responding that well to the remote authority of a drone either. And they might be stopped by simple things like doors.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote