View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:37 AM   #53
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Sci-Fi Police of the year 2049 AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
This looks to me like a civil war for control of gang areas rather than any policing situation except possibly in the way Korea was a "police action".
Oh, it won't look coordinated. It the result of generally hostile attitudes. And it was the first thing I thought when someone suggested sticking the AI back at the station: series crooks start jamming police cars. You can even stick a kid running the machine and he can say he's just doing it for a laugh.

Gang areas happen, and they happen in all sorts of places and governments. The systematic destruction of remote surveillance sounds like a natural consequence of that. I can even see the mayor of the city ordering the police to take down all the nets and poles, and it happens without all that much fuss... its just that they get put back within a month.

In a cyberpunk setting, these areas should be well known to the PC's (part of the streetwise skill), and their locations are going to be an important part of the game. Just don't stick any obvious crime targets close to them.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote