View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 01:17 AM   #33
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Question about Muscle-powered Range Weapons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
I'd just be unkind with familiarity penalties if I was trying to be all realistic about it.
That's what I'd go with, and don't forget draw ST and grip setting (is it a righty when your a lefty? Is it universal when your used to an offset left grip? Etc.).

The only difference between my recurve and my compound is the left off curve*, and honestly I wouldn't even require an hour of practice for someone to get over that going from recurve/straight bow to compound, but the other direction would be brutal.

I mean, I was a bit shocked the first time I broke over a compound, but not so much that I couldn't still shoot straight.

* No sights, no string releaser, no stabilizers, no fancy doodads, they're both universal grips (though they are both set for a left handed grip).

Quote:
I, as a house rule, generally consider TL penalties to DX skills as being familiarity penalties (except when a roll is required against the skill off IQ).
I've always done TL penalties as Familiarity penalties. I'm just extremely harsh on things that have undergone radical technology shifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
It makes using an over-strength bow easier, but I'm not sure how much easier.
Coming back to this. I might do compound bows as basically having 'elven' bow for free. Or maybe halving the penalty for using an over ST bow up to a certain point.

Last edited by evileeyore; 06-14-2018 at 01:26 AM.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote