View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 01:23 AM   #28
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: wordbound NPCS and overdoing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenitentDemon View Post
Oh another thing wondered a bit... do you think a wordbound will be more opposed to someone directly opposed to their word, or who perverts it?

e.g. think the Angel of patriotism will be more hostile to the demon of Jingoism or the Demon of Treason.

Hmmmn think the words gray enough for them to be a Angel of "Letters of Marque and Reprisal"
An opposing Word will certainly draw its proper ire. But when beings on opposite sides of the War share a Word, the feedback can start to drive both of them crazy -- see the Archangel and Demon Prince of Fire, for an extreme example. Under those circumstances, "purifying" your Symphonic concept can be of the utmost importance.

That's the ultimate version of perverting a word, but I think it underscores the attitude. Patriotism vs. Jingoism wouldn't have the same automatic feedback, but I think there would be a similar need to protect your Word from pollution. Whether opposition or perversion, the key is to assess how badly the other Word can damage or transform your own. Once you know that, you'll know how extreme the response will be.

An Angel of Privateering? Hmmm, intriguing possibility. Are you thinking it would be Judgment (since it granted legal authority to act against another nation), War (since it allowed an opponent to even the score by quickly recruiting a navy), or The Wind (since it involved appropriating goods in a righteous cause)?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote