View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 10:48 AM   #115
platimus

Default Re: IQ rise and talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Why would you need to? Under the new system, there is no effective limit on how many spells you can learn, so if you happen to know that particular one, and make the command decision to not use it, it doesn't impair your character's future learning in any way. The only downside is that you learned it in the first place, thus "wasting" either a slot (at the time of character creation) or some time and effort (in terms of the XP) you spent to learn the spell.

Honestly, I wouldn't give anyone any XP back for "unlearning" something; it's not like you can go back in time and "undo" an action in the game. You chose to learn it in the first place without anyone twisting your arm; if you later decide you made a bad choice, well, choose more wisely next time. I know that sounds harsh, but, it's the way I'd run it. No "do overs" in the game. (And, canonically speaking, that policy is fully implied by the "if you do or say it, so does your character" rule, which also doesn't allow you to "I take it back, I didn't mean it"...)
I agree. I wouldn't give any XP back either. I thought I was being generous with my ruling for forgetting a spell. I would never allow a Talent to be forgotten.

Last edited by platimus; 10-06-2018 at 10:53 AM.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote