View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #65
ak_aramis

Default Re: my new campaign ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
You know, it's such a temptation to say, "If I could answer that question, I could figure out how to use the Nephandi." But I'm not really sure that that was true.

I wasn't really seeing the Nephandi as a problem for which I hoped to find a solution. I was just saying that I didn't think I wanted to use them, and trying to suggest why.
If you don't want to use them, then they're just a mixture of well cast illusions and rumor.

Yes, the books ARE that relativist in the setting.

The only thing concrete about the nephandi is that they are opposed to just about everyone. But they aren't needed for that. Paradox demons work just fine in the same role. As do Toreador, Nosferatu, and Ventrue vampires (or their nWoD renames), or Black Spiral Dancer Werewolves.

The Technocracy vs the Traditional Traditions is the biggest theme in the game, but there are others in the core - including academic vs experiential traditions (pitting the hermetics and technocrats against several other traditions), Magi vs other supernaturals, and Mages reshaping the unawakened without them noticing... Gods and Devils in human frames...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
If what you say is accurate then WW seems to have been sending mixed messages.
Yup.

WWG used to revel in that.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote