View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 08:45 PM   #4
DAT

Default Re: Question for a one-shot demo GURPS Martial Arts game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
Sounds fun!

If I were doing this, I think I'd plan for three different character sheets snapshotting each PC years apart for each scene.

That is, here are the pre-gens, go on the initial adventure when they are "just" really crazy-good but realistic fighters. Then the story picks up five (whatever) years later, the PCs have been training in whatever secret, esoteric martial art fits the bills, for this adventure they are superhuman but not completely over the top. Finally, the story picks up 10+ years later, the PCs have spent nearly two decades mastering their chi powers and pulling off "Big Trouble in Little China" level craziness. Maybe 150 pts / 250 pts / 400 pts?
I like the three level, but three new character sheets in three hours may be a bit tight no?

Mook, how long would you allocate for Players to learn the characters each time? Something like:
1) 150 pt level - 20 minutes for intro, basic rules, and learning sheet, then 40 minutes for a basic role playing encounter and first combat
2) 250 pt level - 10-15 minutes for new abilities, then 45-50 minutes for more extensive combat, maybe a physical skill challenge
3) 400 pt level - 10 minutes for new abilities, then 50 minutes for high powered boss fight ...?

I guess one point to consider is the number of players you run this for: 1-2, 2-4, 3-6, 4-8, ...?
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote