View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 12:36 PM   #24
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: Alternatives to Lecherousness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
....I think Lecherousness touches on some behavior that has only become really reprehensible in the last decade or so, after the advantage was written. It won't agree with current thinking....
I think you've touched on one of the things that makes designing a generic system difficult. In my personal experience, I've associated with different microcultures in America. Something that was considered innocent and even expected in one was considered offensive in another.

However, I think GURPS effectively covers this. "You have an unusually strong desire for romance" would apply to any society. "If you fail, you must make a 'pass....'" I believe this is purposely left very generic, so that a "pass" can be interpreted for the particular society.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote