View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 11:17 AM   #12
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Kickstarter general question about profitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
Never would I have expected to see GW branded stores in my lifetime! I guess those are all gone,
Not at all. There's one within a few miles of my house.

Quote:
The hobby market does seem weak to me. I cannot get the SJG games I want at HobbyTown or the comic book stores.
Hobbytown is not "hobby market" the way we tend to use it in these discussions; it's more "mass speciality." Comic book stores definitely fall into the hobby market, but many of them don't carry games (although they would probably be able to special order most games if they carry any games at all). Specialized game stores are also in the hobby market as we use the term and would be your best bet if there are any local to you.

Quote:
SJG already has retail channels because of Muchkin. I truly do not understand the difficulty they are having with expanding with another franchise!
Munchkin didn't get into "big box" stores until it had a decade of solid sales history, and even then we aren't guaranteed to stay there -- the competition for shelf space is fierce. It certainly doesn't give us an advantage on placing new games.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23