View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 09:46 AM   #20
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Default Re: How to create/justify a "realistic" firebending power? Fire, plasma, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
It was just a feeling based on some of the power descriptions, I easily could be wrong, and hoped I expressed that in my reply.
Plasma really is not a property of heat, its more a side effect in that heating up the gas excites the electrons. So a plasma doesn't have to be actually very hot, thats just the easiest and most common method in the real world.

If I wanted to create a super who creates and controls plasma I would consider several special effects.
Magnetic or electrical powers could create and control.
Heat could create, but not control.
Vibration powers could also create, as could that hypothetical exciting electrons.
A limited TK could also do this, especially if the limitation was based more on the mental concept by the super than a power limitation/special effect.

One nice effect could be a extended level explosion taking advantage of the improved wave effect.
You're right. I was mostly just skipping steps in my explanations because I knew I wasn't going to be terribly accurate anyway! By "heating up the atmosphere enough that it turns into plasma" I mean "heating up the atmosphere enough to excite the electrons enough that they are freed, which results in a plasma". Though, I'm not even sure if that is sufficiently correct...

Also, I really appreciate that succinct explanation of how you would use those powers. I think that pretty much gives me all that I need!
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote