View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 09:32 AM   #25
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg 1 View Post
This is a very interesting exercise! I just wish I could keep track of the combat options you guys decided on. Maybe you'd like to put out a cheat sheet summary for anyone who wants to join the game later.
Quote:
Yeah, though it's hard to remember them all so it's like an exercise in trying to remember them too. Gladiators is on the table too.
I think our expansive ruleset is one of the things we're developing here. We could certainly track a "rules document" listing all the rules we're using. Might be interesting.

Quote:
You mean this? You linked the thread but I had to do a reread based on this comment to get more indication of what you were referring to.
Actually, I was talking about this post, though other parts of the thread were in my mind as well. I'll try to be more precise in the future.

Quote:
Completely rerolling the randomness seems too random, but I don't think the amount of crouching needed to punch a thigh needs to be statted (combat stance assumes some realistic amount of crouching) so allowing that as an alternative to crouching seems like a good compromise.
I'd think that rerolling weird results would make things less random, not more. And once again, crouching is not a posture.

Quote:
That could be implemented without applying MoF penalties though (Cole never wrote about extra AP loss on critical failures, so there is no precedent) and you have a point about this discouraging active defenses.
Its an awful lot of accounting. If you really want to test it out, we can do a fight like that. It still has the effect of discouraging deceptive attacks, but it may make sense to have those cost more. Its probably worth coming up with these ideas as we fight and then applying them in a second fight.

Quote:
For the proposed -1, you can also choose to exit out of that at any time as a free action
Then why does it apply at all? Unless you aren't allowed an infinite number of free actions?

Are we using 1 AP for RWB then, or not?

Be aware scaling HP deduction from HT with HP makes them multiplicative. Not an objection, just an observation.

Lets try shock impeding defenses later. I suspect it will make "first blood" extremely important.

I think your 7 AP vs 4 AP is forgetting to charge AP for the evade contest, so its 6 vs. 3

Quote:
Per GURPS Gladiators, I am going to shift my left leg/arm facing away from you and my right arm/leg facing you. I think that does something like +2 to hit my right limbs/extremities, -2 to hit my left ones, +1 to parry with my right limbs, -1 to reach with my left limbs. Can't remember all the details, will check later. Basically trying to minimize further injury to left leg and maximize ability to parry with my on had.

(they should probably create rules on how this might influence Random Hit Location... for now this will only make it less likely to hit the "denied" side on intentional attacks I guess)
We could have random hits on the far side transfer to the facing side x in 6 times. anywhere from 3 (50%) to 5 (87%) should be fair.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote