View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
Skarg

Default Re: Non-attribute rolls, contests, and tasks

I quite agree that it'd be good to be able to have some things not based just on attributes. Your system looks interesting and I want to understand it, but my morning mind is having trouble following the basic mechanics, even with the examples - what does it mean to roll against your opponent's result?

Also, on the point of having a system that resolves social mechanics with dice and the result is then roleplayed, sometimes I do want a system that can do that (for NPC vs. NPC, or player who as you say don't want to have to roleplay their brilliant witty sexy character for whatever reason), more often with PCs I tend to like to roleplay social interactions (taking into account both characters' on-paper abilities) and then if at some point I'm not sure of the result from how the roleplaying goes, I want to do a quick roll or two to determine that, taking into account both the characters and how the conversation went. I'd like to see how to apply this system for that ... maybe just the "one roll" contest, with an added modifier for how the roleplayed conversation went so far?
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote