View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 01:58 PM   #21
Astromancer

Default Re: Tell us how your Campaigns are going, also get and give advice

I had my Players in a place where there was logically a lot of treasure to be found. I tried to keep the haul within reason.

Please tell me if this list is too much.

A bejeweled brooch that makes everything the person who wears it seem magical to Detect Magic. Thus hiding the real magic items in the noise.

A black silk mantle (Medieval cloak) that provides environmental comfort. Anyone wearing the cloak is protected from all environmental stress. Spells like Fireball and Come of Cold work normally, but the person wearing the mantle could walk across a glacier without being the least bit chilly, or travel through a tropical swamp without the least discomfort from heat or humidity. The mantle is also self cleaning and self repairing.

A silver ring with a green crystal. If someone wears this ring while playing cards with others, the ring wearer will always know what cards the other players have. Including any extra cards they mean to cheat with. (This was automatically labeled the Ring of Cheaters by the players).

Three silver rings with red crystals. If someone wears any of these rings while someone is wearing the aforementioned ring with the green crystal, the person wearing the ring with the green crystal can see and hear everything in the ten foot radius around the wearer of the ring with the red crystal. As long as they are within a thousand miles of the ring with the green crystal and on the same plane of existence.

A magical whistling top. While the top is spinning it plays one of five tunes. The tune can be changed by the person who last spun the top calling out the name of the flower associated with that tune. ( The flowers are a rose, a lilly, a daisy, a violet, and a daffodil). The top remains spinning for a very long time and is very easy to start spinning.

Bedclothes all magically charmed to stay clean, fresh, sweet smelling, and in good repair. The coverlet keeps the sleeper at a comfortable temperature at all times. The pillows, bolster, and "mattress" (really more of a feather bed) keeps the sleeper comfortable at all times and eliminates pressure points.

These items work separately.

A silver ring with a blue crystal. It stores one use of a cantrip. Thus letting a PC with cantrips give another character one use of the cantrip.

A necklace of brown beads that always smells of myrrh.

A chamber pot that is always self cleaning and deodorizing.

A scroll of three cantrips.

Move Earth, a version of the Druidic cantrip Bonfire, that is a Wizard cantrip, and an illusion cantrip that is limited to smells. But can create strong smells.

Was this to little or way to much?

Ancora Imparo

Last edited by Astromancer; 10-02-2022 at 02:03 PM.
Astromancer is offline   Reply With Quote