View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #7
Praxian

Default Re: Spellfire Translation

Thanks for the responses, and yes, I am referencing Ed Greenwoods Spellfire. :)

From what I've always understood of it, the wielder of spellfire can "absorb" magic that hit them (spells primarily, but not limited to them, and later can absorb the magic out of items and "Drain" them of their magical energies to use personally).

From the main-stream setup, obviously it'd end up being anything with the "Magical" modifier or identifier that the DR would absorb. So it'd suck up the damage to power the spellfire energies from a fireball, but if someone use a gun and shot him she'd take full damage from the bullet unless the bullet had some kind of enchantment on it from either the gun or pre-enchanting for damage / stuff.

As it pertains to getting the magic out of items, I was thinking something along those lines myself (using Leech), but I wanted to focus first on getting the "easier" one of the two in line so that I can eventually move on to that aspect.

As it pertains to -20% or -40%, I had thought it was the latter. I'll look it up later when I wake up later as I just got off work. But thanks for looking at that. :)
Praxian is offline   Reply With Quote