View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #373
Mailanka

Default Re: The 2015 w23 Digital Release and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
Well, that's the "cutting edge" rather than "ultra-tech" theme for you - I'd have liked more higher-tech stuff too, but I can see it wouldn't have gone well in something that's meant to be mostly "edge of tomorrow".

Breaking down the articles from the three "tech and toys" issues by TL, ignoring things like Psi-Powered Imbuements that don't mention TL at all, I see:

5-12
7-11
9 ×3
9-10 ×3
9-11
9-12
10 ×2

I wonder whether the lack of love for higher TLs is because there's not much non-superscience TL11/TL12, or because it becomes increasingly difficult to keep crunchy humans alive.
You can also extrapolate a lot from comparing values of SS armor to their TL 9 counterparts, finding a ratio, then working up to a TL 10-12 equivalent, and then reverse engineering that ratio, to find out, roughly, how much armor would improve.

The article also goes into finer detail about WHY armor is improved. If you choose to follow that, especially if you're not afraid of getting handwavy (as Phil points out), you can make a lot of mileage.

So when I said "My only complaint is that it didn't go into TL 10-12, and that's a small one," I meant it from the perspective of "It gave me more tools to do that, I just still have to do the work." So even if I want to run a TL 12 game with that sort of information, it's less useful than if I run a TL 9 campaign using that information, but I'm still better off than I was before because I have additional inspiration and ideas.