View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #16
Phantasm

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#34): Destiny

There is only one character I've seen in a game I was in that took Destiny. The Destiny: "Must one day kill his sister." In his case it was taken as a Disadvantage.

The same character showed up in three games actually, with the same Destiny, though the flavor was different. In the first game, the sister had been rendered Brainwashed, Brain-Rinsed, and Brain-Dry-Cleaned by the setting's BBEG to be the BBEG's ninja assassin, with no memory of anything besides being the BBEG's adopted daughter and assassin. The second and third time, in two different Monster Hunting games, she'd been turned into a vampire as a young teen.

I was the GM for the first one, and didn't actually spring the full details on the player until much later. I was a player in the second game, and GM for the third; in both cases I worked to explain the Destiny to the others in the game, including the second game's GM.

Although, I don't think the Destiny was ever fulfilled due to the games folding due someone's work schedule getting in the way of the game.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote