View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #15
whswhs

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#34): Destiny

I made use of Destiny as a complement to Precognition: If you succeed in a Precognition roll toward another character, whatever you foresee becomes a Destiny for them. I favor doing a reaction roll, with Good being a minor favorable Destiny, Very Good an in-between one, Excellent a major one, and likewise for low numbers; if the roll comes up 10-12 you spot something really trivial that isn't worth points.

The protection against other people's Precognition is having your own. If they foresee what you're going to be doing, and *take any action* based on that, you can foresee that action, and modify your own actions, which will disrupt the future they foresaw. This could be a contest, either Quick or regular. (It's kind of like having broken the other side's codes, but knowing that if you do things that reveal you have inside information, they'll change their codes. . . .)

I used Destiny once in a campaign: Every one of the five PCs who strayed into Faerie had an advantage unknown to them. One of them was a favorable Destiny.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote