View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #18
Happypuke

Default Re: Is a 5th Edition coming soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamergirl
Saayy WHAT? !!!

Yer frellin' kidding me, already.

That frellin' sux. No offense to you WotC fans, but most of my friends that are huge d20 fans will agree that they can't seem to release anything worthwhile as it is, and they only nod their heads in agreement when I state that 90% of their releases over the past five yarins have been pure dren... Races of Stone, indeed, what's next, Races of Algae and Pond Scum? The Complete Idiot?
Sheesh.

GG
And so much of it. It seems with that many books coming out all the time, there is no logical way that solid rules continuity or game balance could be maintained through proper play testing and overview. When I buy a GURPS book, I know some very smart people put some very hard work into every rule and idea in the book, then spend a great deal of time making sure that it was right. I don't get the same feeling from many D&D books. I still play D&D every now and again, but I think that there are just too many books way to fast. It creates this overall hodge podge system that needs to be completely overhauled every four-five years.

Does that make any sense? I mean I'm no industry insider, but that's what is seems like to me.

Also, did you see all that stuff about the digital support? I heard something about having to pay a subscriber fee to accesses to gain some of the extra online community resources. No idea if that's true, it's just what I heard. Also, I don't mind using some computer aid to facilitate gaming, but the most fun for me is being able to shut down my video games and play some good old pen and paper with my friends in the same room.

This guy on youtube has a bunch of videos about D&D 4e.

My Psych blog -
http://dinnerbellring.blogspot.com/