View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 10:07 AM   #14
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Ogremorphic record sheets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
As I said, I did some quick pencil sketches, but just like the "odds dice" or "easier CRT" debates, it will come down to preferences; as they are now, the existing sheets aren't bad at all.
Yeah, personal tastes is definitely a factor with this kind of project. My main concern is ease of use. If a format makes it harder to see something, or easier to miss something, then it's value diminishes rapidly. For me, the record sheets need to quickly convey exactly how many of each weapon are left; having to count individual boxes on an image is a LOT harder than looking at a row of boxes.

The current sheets make it harder because the weapons are jumbled on the sheet. There's no logical ordering of the weapons so it takes effort to find the grouping that goes with the weapon in question. They are just stuck wherever they "fit" around the picture.

If I were doing it, I'd get rid of the picture completely and just do a simple stats rundown (e.g., old-school draw circles on a sheet of paper). It isn't pretty, but it's the most efficient at showing exactly what's left.