View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #7
Alonsua
Banned

Default Re: Attribute levels and their meanings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Sorry, I work off different types of attribute and skill distributions because I do not believe in stat normalization. When it comes to attributes, I think that attributes above 15 are realistic, and I think that they occur in 1:1,000,000 people. When it comes to skills, I think that skills above '20' are realistic (I think that the functional maximum for a skill is Attribute plus/minus Advantage/Disadvantage modifier plus 10) and that 10% of the adult human population will have one or more skills above '20' (usually Area Knowledge, Current Affairs, Games, Hobby Skills, etc).

I also do not like having Appearance as an attribute because Appearance is not universal. I find many women that other men gush over plain in appearance and find a few women that other men find average in appearance ravishing. Without that universality, it should not be an attribute (now, Charisma could be an attribute, but I see no particular utility in changing the system to make Charisma an attribute).
Skills start breaking by level 20, with 21 being just a little over the top. Skill levels over 21 are better represented with techniques, penalty-absorbing advantages and perks.