View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:41 PM   #19
Refplace

Default Re: How to create/justify a "realistic" firebending power? Fire, plasma, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
Is there anything in particular that you feel I'm missing or not understanding? That was actually one of the first articles that I read on my internet research journey, so it's a bummer to feel like I'm not grasping this well. I'm doing my best to understand, but I've also been cramming all of this new information into my brain on top of other things today (and yesterday).
It was just a feeling based on some of the power descriptions, I easily could be wrong, and hoped I expressed that in my reply.
Plasma really is not a property of heat, its more a side effect in that heating up the gas excites the electrons. So a plasma doesn't have to be actually very hot, thats just the easiest and most common method in the real world.

If I wanted to create a super who creates and controls plasma I would consider several special effects.
Magnetic or electrical powers could create and control.
Heat could create, but not control.
Vibration powers could also create, as could that hypothetical exciting electrons.
A limited TK could also do this, especially if the limitation was based more on the mental concept by the super than a power limitation/special effect.

One nice effect could be a extended level explosion taking advantage of the improved wave effect.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote