View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #15
Infornific

Default Re: Superhero Template Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
I was thinking 250 for pre-powers (remember that I'm treating a number of cinematic traits as "super-normal 'powers'" for this). For the Wildcards, I was going to offer a "wildcard alternative" on a number of templates.

And I don't have Action 4 (in fact, I forgot it exists)... I should pick it up soon, but my entertainment budget for this month is already spent as I cut back on a lot of stuff to have my car's rear end worked on. I had taken a look at Action 1, which I may permit a few templates from.
I was thinking of the Pointless Dungeon Looting/Monster Hunting from Pyramid which relied on Wildcard skills among other things.

Action 4 has a character generation system which works more or less like this:

Archetype - 100 pt combination of Attributes and Characteristics (e.g., Talented Hero, DX 12, IQ 12, HT 11, Speed 6.0, Per 13.)

Generic Advantages - 25 to 30 points, possibly some fixed.

Everyman skills - 10 to 15 points in skills every character should have

Disadvantages - -50, possibly grouped by theme

That brings you to a net 100 points. Then you have 25 or 50 point lenses to pick, which would cover the skill sets for soldiers, students, etc.

It's a different approach but it seems to me that superhero backgrounds are so varied making a template for each might be too complicated. On the other hand you've already put work into specific templates for spies, students, etc so that might be for the best.
Infornific is online now   Reply With Quote