View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
Attercap

Default Re: Campaign Creation and IN's Nature

While humanity is certainly an important factor in the In Nomine setting, my campaigns have tended to focus more on celestials dealing with celestials or other less-than-mundane beings, with only ancillary adventures in the campaign dealing with trying to shape the emotions of the humanity that surrounds them.

For a brief example, my last campaign placed the PCs as hunters against renegades and investigators of Ethereal infractions. The climax of the campaign dealt with the examination of a teen who turned out to be a child of the gods, but who also had a world-shaping Destiny (and Fate). In this boy's life there was also a sorcerous uncle, outcast angel, and mummy football coach. So, while the PCs certainly had to interact with human NPCs, the campaign wasn't played as "get humanity to think this way" game. In the end, the PCs were left with the decision (and in-party arguments) over whether it'd be better to report the boy to their respective superiors or try to hide all evidence of the god-child's existence and shape his Destiny (or Fate, for the diabolicals involved).

Overall, I've found In Nomine to be a nicely mutable game which can accommodate for a number of different play-styles. If you don't want the game to focus on the minds of humanity as a whole (or regionally), there's still plenty of things to do in the setting.