View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #17
Radagan

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Companion PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Phil was referring to the Dungeon Fantasy Companion, in the title of the thread. We have no immediate plans to release that. Rest assured that Dungeon Fantasy: Against the Rat-Men, Dungeon Fantasy Magic Items, and Dungeon Fantasy Traps all have release dates as individual PDFs in 2018 . . . we're just not sharing the dates yet.
Kromm, thank you for the clarification. Phil's reply was... Anyway, if it has something to do with punishing all of us that didn't join the Kickstarter, well then, I'm okay with that. But if not... At least get the two core pdfs out there: Magic Items and Traps.

The fun of DFRPG for me is that it's not a GURPS toolkit, at least not firstly: it's a game I can pickup and just play. Everyone get's tired of being creative sometimes. From a GURPS perspective, I can see how these pdfs could be seen as "extras" or "nice to have" add-ons of marginal importance and priority, maybe even meant as pedagogical examples. But that's GURPS thinking! If your goal is Dungeon Fantasy "right here, right now", then I would argue they are core to the genre. Heck, Traps and Magic Items figured prominently in the 1st Edition DMG and every edition since.

There's no way I'm POD printing my DFRPG stuff until I can slot those in. My DF pdfs will just have to sit in a dark corner of my hard drive, waiting to get played sometime in the future when some marketing guru stops sitting on the goods.

Sorry, but that all seems really silly to me as a longtime customer. It's not like you need more time to get the product up to SJGame's very high standard, which I would applaud--you have them already... And you guys are in no danger of flooding the market. Come on, this game's direct competitor is WotC?!? 8^)
Radagan is offline   Reply With Quote