Thread: TFT custom dice
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 03:47 AM   #29
JLV

Default Re: TFT custom dice

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Thanks, everyone, for the discussion about custom dice for The Fantasy Trip. A couple of the ideas stood out as worth exploring, so we experimented a little with concepts inspired by this thread.

The challenge with dice is getting the level of detail _just_ right so that the design can be cut into steel and work as an injection molded die. With the number of dice produced with laser cutters on the market, as well as a wide range of resin dice, the idea of what works and what doesn't as a die has blurred a lot. Whenever we produce new acrylic or urea dice designs, we review everything in-house until we're happy . . . and then the factory takes a stab at things, making adjustments necessary for the mass-manufacturing process.

The designs here are pre-factory review.

At the moment, these are simply concepts and not on our manufacturing schedule.
Actually, I really like both of those design concepts.

I'm not a dice fanatic the way some people are (dice are dice -- as long as they roll well and show me what my results are, I don't usually really care much about design themes and color schemes and whatnot), but I would pop for either of those designs. (One Kickstarter I AM backing though is the "Doublesix Dice - Generation Two" one going on right now. THERE'S a design concept that makes a LOT of sense to me!)

Last edited by JLV; 04-21-2019 at 03:53 AM.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote