View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 10:55 PM   #4
David Johnston2

Default Re: Travelling to the World of U.N.C.L.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starslayer View Post
If I recall UNCLE was ultimately really good at their job.

Infinity and Centrum agents might first learn about the organization when they wake up in a cell after being tranquilized and are questioned about their association with THRUSH.
Oh come on. They're not that good. If they were, THRUSH wouldn't even exist. Infinity and Centrum have a big advantage over UNCLE and THRUSH, in that their logistical base wouldn't be visible to either organization. While UNCLE certainly might spot Infinity or Centrum agents gathering information, they live in a world swarming with covert agencies both governmental and non-governmental and dodgy operators, and they wouldn't just snatch a guy who isn't doing more than information gathering. If they did they'd find themselves having kidnapped agents of their own sponsor governments more than once. For that matter sometimes in the first season that I'm currently watching they leave known THRUSH agents at large because they don't have evidence of specific crimes sufficient to justify making an arrest to the local governments and an abduction would be too visible.

If they did grab an Infinity or Centrum agent, it would probably because of mistaken identity because he has a local double who is actually a opposition agent. Which is not entirely unlikely of course. Although since I'm in the first season, one idea that keeps occurring to me is a situation where one of the "innocents" that Napoleon keeps dragging into his cases (or inviting themselves along) could just be an Infinity agent who was poking around trying to figure out if one of the nefarious schemes was a Centrum operation.

Last edited by David Johnston2; 03-24-2016 at 11:01 PM.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote