View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #15
Humabout

Default Re: Power-Ups for RPM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I think this goes here more then anywhere else.
I want a power up or idea for a race of trees that can gather and store a vast amount of energy. They do not need to do it fast.

Originally they had ER for the regular magic system and I am looking to make the change to RPM but want to keep the concept. Each tree is a central aspect of an elf village and they can gather energy from the earth and sun and store it for use by the village. I do not want them to be major casters, though I am ok with some being able to use magic. However they are primarily support for a village or Dryad. The concept can be extended to other things as well.
a high ER can still work but does anyone have other ideas?
Firstly, that's a really cool idea. Consider it yoinked.

To answer your question, I must ask my own. How is the energy accessed? If the tree is the source but does not cast, I'd treat it simply as a power source that can be drawn on under certain conditions suitable to your setting. If only certain individuals among magic users can do it, it might be an energy reserve with an accessibility limitation. Otherwise, if the tree can cast magic and is a PC, then it does sound like gobs of slowly regenerating er. The only alternative would be Magery levels, but that would increase its skill cap and conditional ritual cap as well, which doesn't sound like what you've described.

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote