View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #7
Refplace

Default Re: Nets: the ultimate weapon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
You're right, nets do seem like they'd take a long time to cut your way free of, due to only being able to do 2 HP at a time with a cutting weapon.

I'd suggest a house rule to correct this: as a special All-Out Attack option, a character entangled in a net, or another trying to cut a friend free, can try a "long slash". This requires a weapon that does cutting damage. The weapon does normal damage (not capped at 2 HP) to the net.

An additional house rule that might also help with nets: For every 25% of its HP a net takes (round down), an entangled victim gets +1 on the rolls to escape it. So, victim entangled in a melee net, which has 14 HP by default, would get +1 to escape it for every 3 HP inflicted.
Unless a net is stretched taught and flat it should be hard to cut apart.
And cutting someone out of a net without cutting them would seem to difficult to get that "long slash" you suggest.
3 successful DX-4 rolls (dont even have to be consecutive) seems reasonable. On the other hand, borrowing from Binding I could see a Contest of ST vs HP to break free.
That would be similar to how Technical Grappling handles it actually (The net applies Control Points which are countered by sufficient effective ST in an attack to break free.)
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote