safisher
Gunnery Sergeant,
 Imperial Marines
Coauthor,
 GURPS High-Tech

Default Re: Low Tech vs Basic Weapon Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydamas View Post
If half a dozen people with graduate degrees argued and experimented and researched for a few years, they might come up with something ...
AFAIK there was nothing like that done for the armor/bullet metric. It appeared in the first version of High-Tech and that's it. Probably a reasonable assumption was made by Mike Hurst and that's it.

And there have been several people researching and writing about GURPS and weapon rules for several years. Douglas Cole and myself, and experts like Peter and Hans and Pulver and Kromm.

Quote:
but that would require several people with real training working for several years and doing real research and experiments, not just citing things by memory and pointing to YouTube videos.
Exactly. Most of the posters on these forums (but not all, mind) couldn't really care less about the rules or the work put into them. I wonder if many of them even play GURPS. Frankly, some of them seem to be satisfied with trying to make themselves look smart and arguing about their pet grievances.

Quote:
We are lucky that some people with real expertise volunteer their time to work on the rules for modern kit in GURPS.
Yes, well we tried.

Last edited by safisher; 12-26-2015 at 06:03 PM.
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote