View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #48
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: [DF] Homebrew Monsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
One whine I have about goblins is that I feel they should be the sneaky ones who scout ahead and alert their more combat worthy brethren the orcs and hobgoblins. They should also be mischievious as well, often thinking of creative ambushes and traps for the party. Maybe they would be on lookout and leave a treasure chest in a room filled with gold and when they spot the PCs trying to get the treasure they will sound the alarm and orcs and hobgoblins will boil out of a secret door.

At least for me goblins should be the stealthy, sneaky ones who are more than happy to inform their more powerful combat siblings. Of course they should also be curious of magic as well so they would also fill the role of magic user in an orc nest.
If only somebody had spent hours creating an entire thread with multiple, nuanced versions of easy-to-use templates that address your exact desires such as "Stalker," "Trickster," and "Caster" that you could spend three seconds slapping onto the stats you're using for Goblins and have exactly what you want...
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote