View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 02:08 PM   #45
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Default Re: The Dungeon Fantasy box set is great! But now I hunger for more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
I think most people (at least, most who would even consider buying a SF RPG box set) are at least aware of a few mainstream examples near each extreme: Star Wars and Star Trek on one end, 2001 and The Martian on the other. A lot of them may be largely unaware that there's a full spectrum in between, and examples outside of those bounds.
What I'm saying is that, to most potential buyers of such a box, who are not already on these forums, Star Wars and Star Trek mark the MIDDLE of the spectrum, not an end.

Most gamers outside of these forums right now are looking at the newely released Starfinder, as pretty well middle ground for Science Fiction (space) gaming.

The Martian isn't even on the spectrum as most people wont' really consider it that much of a fiction.

That's kind of my point. Sure you can have all the other stuff, but if you want to expand GURPS sales with a boxed set, it really helps to look at what most people consider the middle, even if that perceived middle is viewed to be anything but middle ground by some here.
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote