View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #262
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Feints/Beats great penalties to active defenses of those you target OR penalties to hit you (defensive variant) but can't give a bonus to hit.

The closest to that is you can more freely use Telegraphic for a +4 to hit since you're less worried about that +2 to defend.
a -2 to their defense is nearly equivalent to a +4 to your attack. I make liberal use of the deceptive attack exchange rate. But either way, control of a hex shouldn't make it easier to hit your opponent, block your opponent, or be missed by your opponent. Its a different type of control

Quote:
I could've sworn I came across someone doing that in a GURPS blog already but I forget where. The grappling aspect of weapon combat seems really valuable in expanding how parrying/blocking works though, what with the locking swords / presses being a pretty interesting part of many cinematic sword fights.
Maybe someone has. It'd be interesting to try, though I'd struggle to navigate it, at least at first.

Quote:
I figure it's just like a half-committed sort of thing when you keep most of your focus on defending.

Er, in the 1st did you mean you don't get penalties to hit immobile guy?
Actually, I meant you don't get bonuses to hit the mobile guy. Sorry

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote