View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 09:08 PM   #15
Shostak

Default Re: Talent/Spell of the Week: Area Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
I would say that the difference between spending points for IQ 8 Talent Area Knowledge and Mundane Talent Area Knowledge is that if you bought the IQ 8 AK Talent you have that knowledge at the tip of your fingers and shouldn't have to roll for success unless it was a stressful situation or to confusing a problem. On a Mundane Talent AK (1 IQ) you would have to roll your IQ to see if you can recall the area, but it should be otherwise the same style as the IQ 8 AK Talent.
Why should Mundane Talent [Organization] have to roll on IQ while Area Knowlege gives information automatically when they both have the same investment?

Quote:
I go with Shostak thought, that Mundane AK should cost less though I would say you get two Area AK for that 1 point.
Did I say that? I intended to say that a Mundane Talent about an organization in an area should give more complete information than Area Knowledge for that region, since Area Knowledge would give a wider range of information, such as a little bit of general info about a lot of organizations as opposed to a lot of information about one.
Shostak is offline   Reply With Quote