View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #93
Refplace

Default Re: GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Arguably, but if the GM is worried about this being abused, just remove the bit about crops and make it almost purely cosmetic. Then if you're the kind of idiot who just goes around "blighting land" for the sake of doing it, it'll be trivially easy for someone to use a modest Lesser Sense Magic spell to tell who you were. You're pretty much begging to be tracked down and lynched by a crew of Magic Resistant townspeople. :)

Also, I want to note that this is not a new rule. I ported it over from MH3 without any changes whatsoever. Over the past two and a half years, I have yet to hear of this rule causing a problem in a campaign. I'm not saying it isn't possible -- just that it's had plenty of time to do so and I have yet to see negative feedback on how it worked in practice.
yeah but MH is a modern based (And Secret magic to boot)game, now its being thought of in a Fantasy setting.
If I use it in my campaigns I would make a change so it recovers naturally over time and more easily with a restore kind of spell. I like the feel, just see it as too easily dangerous to a setting.
Especially if anyone can cast a spell.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote