View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 02:20 PM   #225
coronatiger

Default Session 54 (2021-01-24)

Thoughts on September 15th

Keeping watch without Olivia for company was miserable. Nothing happened at all during my watch, and that only made it worse. No distractions, no nothing. Just me with my filthy mind for company. I shut away the nude images as best I could. I told myself again and again that I was going to remain celibate until I rejoined Olivia. How I had lasted this long without the hunger taking control was a mystery. Not being around anyone who made passes at me helped, of course, but I wasn’t very optimistic about how long I could refrain from initiating anything myself.

Our travel continued. Ilzo and I again blocked Neriel from view, but then Va’lyndra found a creek we should ride in, to hide our tracks. When the others were out here exploring earlier, they had discovered that this creek was part of a network of tiny waterways, perfect for losing anyone following. Va’lyndra and Leopold hid the tracks down to the creek. In the evening, we found another thicket to hide in.

Thoughts on September 16th

We continued our flight and arrived at the bear cave in the afternoon. We put Neriel in the innermost chamber. Leopold had made a separate room for our prisoner, and also one for Olivia and me, that I wouldn’t be needing. Perhaps Va’lyndra and Ilzo could use it instead? I hoped not, at least while I was near enough to overhear. Just in case, I offered to look after the horses while they grazed, to make sure they didn’t run away, I said, but really, I needed to be alone, so I wouldn’t tempt the hunger.

I practiced acrobatics while keeping half an eye on the horses. I saw Va’lyndra and Ilzo leave the cave, presumably to go “dancing”, as Va’lyndra brought her Elendus statuette. I thought it was considerate of them not to do their thing within earshot. I also thought myself blessed, having adventuring companions who didn’t complain when Olivia and I got down to business. We were far less discreet than Va’lyndra and Ilzo, even though we tried to be quiet, at least when the others were sleeping.

Leopold sat down to read just outside the cave entrance, leaving Walter to watch over Neriel. After a while, Leopold called for help, and I rushed inside. Leopold had gone inside to talk to Neriel, and removed the gag, and now Neriel was giving him the rough side of his tongue. “Are you going to let him harangue you this way?” I asked Leopold incredulously, replacing the gag. Leopold answered that Walter had reported that Neriel tried to get loose, so I checked the ropes. They were as tight as when I tied them; Walter could keep watching Neriel.

When Va’lyndra and Ilzo returned, we agreed that we could have Walter watch Neriel through the night. The undead skull didn’t need sleep. Va’lyndra, Ilzo and I should keep watch from the top of the small hill, so we’d see if anyone came near. Leopold couldn’t be trusted not to fall face-first into a book when he should remain alert. We wanted to take the horses inside during the night, and only Lightfoot was trained to enter caves willingly, but Leopold and Va’lyndra convinced the others to follow.

Character sheet: Google Drive link (See this thread for details.)

Campaign logs: Chaotic Pioneering / Confessions of a Forked Tongue
coronatiger is offline   Reply With Quote