View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 02:07 PM   #22
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
I'm wondering about a role on ship that would see contact with a lot of the crew - not sure which of these fits, but I could see medic, a priest (if there's some sort of widely held religion among the crew), a counselor, or (if there are such facilities on board) a bar tender!
That's the morale block. It, along with the officer block, has extra security and screening checks, because many of the positions have low redundancy, and because they room with shipboard security. Also, those sorts of positions tend to require specialization that makes tracking their identity easier. I think all of those positions exist on the ship, though I haven't planned out a religion.

If you want to go for one of them, its possible, but we'll need to go the extra mile on building and challenging your cover story.

I'm trying to think of someone who sees a lot of crew who isn't part of morale or an officer. Transportation sees a lot of the SHIP, but that's different. Life support might actually end up talking to the rest of the crew a lot, at least if life support is acting up, and that can be arranged...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote