View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 07:58 PM   #15
Tulonsae

Default Re: [Space] System Generator

I read this thread last week, weeks after I started writing my own generator for star systems based on the GURPS Space rules.

Thanks for the wonderful ideas. And especially to Exxar. I was writing it in an obscure scripting language, but I've started learning JavaScript since it looks like it can do everything I need and is much more portable.

Not meaning to hijack your thread or anything. But once I've got stuff that I've done so far converted to Javascript, I can post it here for you or anyone to use. And if you happen to know the arcane scripting language of awk, I can post what I have done already. It's looking good so far, but still far to go. But I'll probably have to write a java applet or something to do the graphing of the orbits that I want to do.

Plus, knowing me, I'll probably add inclination of orbits as well. Many of you guys sound like you know way more about the star system mechanics than I do. So, I'll check back periodically for ideas and answers.

If I should have started a new thread for this, please be kind and just let me know. I've never used forums much so any unpoliteness on my part just means I'm ignorant of etiquette.

Tulonsae
Tulonsae is offline   Reply With Quote