View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #102
Tomsdad

Default Re: Unarmed vs. Knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
You can use any attack in a turn as a Feint, right? IIRC..
Don't think so, I think you can base it off any skill that can be attack, (and se alternative skills for acrobatic feints etc). But not actual attacks that are their own manoeuvres.

The listing for Feint's movement is 1 step, your talking about doing a "CA Feint" with 2 steps because you want the extra step, where's the trade off for that?

I might allow it if you also took the disadvantages of the CA with 2nd step though as the trade off. (Which makes sense your trying to make it look like a CA, so you go to the extra effort and you defence will suffer).

Quote:
Also, two CAs don't give much - it still counts as a Runaround.
yeah for me that's still pretty good, especially when your going to end this with grapple from behind.

Quote:
Now, AoA (Feint + 3 hexes move) then Attack or CA - that's interesting. But you give up your defences in hopes of not getting hit by his Wild Swing; that means no Defensive Arm Locks, and you really better spend your attack on a Defensive Feint there.
That's actually my problem with combining feints with other manoeuvres by accepting the side effects of the attacking manoeuvre. Because unless you absolutely had to get some extra steps in, every single feint ever made in the entire world will be "defensive" feint, because you won't get the reduction in damage (there's no attack) but you'll get the defensive bonus, plus of course the feint itself.

There would be no ordinary feint every again.

Quote:
(After the brief pause, I'm missing some thoughts I had on the whole topic, so let's just forget any possible 'offs', and stick to the Waiting Dancer-Around-Knives.)
No probs

Quote:
Or after a Parry, then?
Yep, I think that would fine

Quote:
This gets fiddly fast, it seems. Alas.
Well no more so that TA's but I would probably just keep an out out for people spamming it. The reality is most combats between individuals don't go on long enough for it to really kick it that often, and TBH I already have other ways to punish fighters who stick to the same things over and over again.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote