View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #20
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: [DF] Help with creating a Buddhist cleric and holy warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric View Post
But DF is an entirely different cookie. I'd say that Buddhist clerics can't do holy/unholy stuff, but that they can put a serious hurt on the squid-god. Make them immune to mind control magics and have a dispel illusions abilities. Then give them psychic powers instead clerical spells.
Yes, I'm big on the Resistance to Illusion thing (often near-Immunity), as a Buddhist (and Christian) concept, both in Modern Action RPG, and in the historical fantasy Ärth setting.

I'm not sure exactly how Resistance to Illusion should be costed in GURPS. Maybe a PR bonus with a Limitation? And ISTR there's a See Invisibility Advantage too, uncomfortably binary for my taste (you either have it or you don't, there's no middle ground) - I prefer to handle the concept of invisibility as a kind of illusion, so that illusion resistance is a gradual phenomenon - but it works (assuming it is there, and I'm not misremembering).

And yes, psychic powers might work too, as in taking the Martial Artist template and giving it some psionic powering-up options.

I'm also not sure how the "vs Squid" thing would work. Probably some kind of Resistance.