View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 08:39 AM   #12
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: More Perilous Journeys: Now LIVE on Kickstarter

Survey Initiation

I have all the covers, I've made mockups of the different products so hopefully you know what you're getting.

[Picture can be found at the KS Update link]

I hope to hear back from Backerkit soon, and they do promise within 2 business days. The only thing that they're pinging me on is shipping for add-ons, but I THINK the "whole order shipping" covers that. We'll see. They treat add-ons and regular pledge items as entirely different things, and I'm not sure how they relate sometimes. Despite this being, what? My eighth or ninth time?

In any case, they'll get back to me. Then I'll send out a "smoke test" to 5-10% of the backers, which will hopefully suss out any challenges. After that, the main surveys will go out.

Survey Closure

I intend to leave the surveys open until August 15. Just as a reminder, this was the original schedule.
  • Campaign Launch: May 19, 2020
  • Campaign End: June 13, 2020
  • Backerkit Phase: July, 2020
  • Production: September, 2020
  • PDF Distribution: October 2020
  • Printing and Delivery: November 2020

Three of the books have been edited and laid out, and art commissioned. It's starting to come in, and I've been posting previews on my Discord channel periodically. The final two are in editing, and then comes layout and art. Even so, hopefully that will be well underway by the time the survey period closes. (Pre-orders stay open until the print order is placed.)

Once the Backerkit phase has completed and the PDFs go out, there will be a reasonable review period to provide errata feedback before the print orders are placed.

That's where we are. With luck, the smoke test goes out soon, with the expectation being "midweek."
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote