View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #47
Skarg

Default Re: TFT Beastiary Suggestion

I didn't tend to let dragons use spells, but I did assume that the 7+ hex dragons were quite clever and had lived a long time, implying they would tend to have thought a lot about good ways to survive and learned not to do things that would get them killed. And thinking about that led me to think that they'd probably try to accumulate as many magic items as they could, since they can use most of those, and what their most desired enchantments would be. And that ones that were smart and had lived long enough to grow to those sizes (which I assumed took many years and involved many hostile encounters), would likely have succeeded and figured out how to trade for the items they really wanted, such as by manipulating humanoids into acting as their agents without revealing who the ultimate customer is.

However I agree that it would be fine and interesting to let dragons use spells.

I don't think they would be undefeatable - no more than a wizard with sources of extra ST is undefeatable (apprentices, powerstones, staffs), but it would make them rather more powerful.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote