View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 10:55 PM   #48
tbeard1999

Default Re: Melee Cover Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post

I just introduced TFT to three 14 year olds to see how they responded to it (and, of course, for their gaming edification).

The two others enjoyed playing, but were slower to pick up the interactions between attributes and talents and tactical skills, and probably left the game mentally when they left my house.

These three teenagers are probably very representative of the general male teen audience that would be fundamental to TFT success, IMO.
I’m curious - did they have any issues counting the 3 dice up? I’ve found that younger players pause a bit longer on that than I recall having to do. Anyhow, a friend who studies learning tells me that dice with pips are best because the brain recognizes them as patterns and doesn’t have to *read* them once it learns the patterns.

As an aside, I was discussing fantasy art with my daughter and I mentioned that for commercial projects you have to keep the artwork appropriate. She asked me to define inappropriate. I said, “think of what a 14 year old boy would most want to see...”

Last edited by tbeard1999; 06-16-2018 at 11:10 PM.