View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 10:20 PM   #46
CJM

Default Re: Melee Cover Preview

When I learned that SJ got the rights back for TFT I figured that he would do it right as far as the mechanics go. I was worried about the presentation though as that is one of the things that drew me to the game at first, it was just so cool. So I asked my boys what they thought of the new art and if it was on a box, would they want to buy the game. They are in the Junior High age group. Both of them didn't like the Melee cover as the youngest said it had no fantasy element to it and assumed it was a game that was history based (he is not into history). The other thought it was just OK and thought it was a historic tactical game (he is into history). Neither would buy the game off the shelve. The Wizard box cover was different in their response. The youngest is the wizard type and would buy it as he loves magic and that is the kind of Player he would run. He liked the art, my other boy didn't like it but he is the warrior type. He could take it or leave it. I had them look at some of the art that Ty had linked to and it was interesting to me their response. my warrior guy really liked this one; Myhttps://i.pinimg.com/originals/bb/80/b5/bb80b51f7358117d99c5b4a3456d4f6d.jpg but my wizard little man liked the art that showed a fantasy theme, fighting monsters and all that good stuff.
I think the cover art on the melee box should show the action (Combat) between two or more opponents as that is what the game is about. Show two wizards blasting away at each other for Wizard as well. It is a game of action, show it. Make a would be customer want to open that box and get playing, going beast mode on all their opponents. Because at the end of the day it is a competition and we want to be the last man/woman standing....and if we don't make it to the top...we had a lot of fun trying.