View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #13
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: The Immovable Foundation-Stone on which TFT Characters are Built

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeard1999 View Post
In Melee, the "price" of ST is exactly the same as DX - each point of ST or DX costs one attribute point.
Okay, 2 things: 1) I have t answer this way - I do not see where in the rules it states anything about relative value of ST and DX, or the concept of any cost associated with the distribution of the 24 VERY FREE points everyone is allotted to distribute across the form of: [(a+b=b+a)]. I am answering you this way on purpose, as I am trying to get you into the perspective of the actual stated premise, and not how we have come to assume we understand the premise - so we can go deeper into the belly of this thing when we are on the same page.

Can we agree the notion of the concept of "cost" is not stated in the Melee rule-set; BUT that is a common interpretation of the rules as is an "assumption via inference" and not a rule, nor stated?

Which leads me directly to: 2) LOL! I suspect you and I both know the approximate quantized value of ST, DX, and IQ; but again, it is outside the scope of the treatise, so I dont want to answer it here and risk a De-rail - so PM me, and I will give you my values there. Lets see how our numbers agree, but not here; okay?
Quote:
I don't think I have the spare brain cells for it. I think that you make a good point - assuming I understand correctly - that if you take something away from ST, you make ST less valuable. This then invalidates a key concept of TFT - that all attributes have equivalent value.
Nope, but you were good about something being violated. The point is you can't take anything away from anything, not from ST or DX without theoretically subtracting,.... and if you subtract to create,... you violate the Commutative Law of Addition which the premise is founded on.

You can only add. But you cant add by taking away,...because the whole thing is built on [(a+b)=(b+a)],.... which is Commutative, and the Arithmetic Law states that the Commutative Law of Addition does not work for Subtraction, and if you cannot subtract to add... where are you?,... round and round it goes.

That's why the Foundational Stone in Immovable,... you see my point?

Quote:
My argument is that the original "price" of ST in Melee/Wizard may not accurately reflect its actual utility/value.
Again, the price concept is not rule, nor stated anywhere as such, it is assumption through inference; agreed?

Quote:
Plus, the ITL additions to ST will increase the utility/value of ST. If ST was accurately priced in Melee/Wizard, this addition will render that pricing invalid.
Same answer here.

Quote:
Finally, I am asserting that splitting Power from ST will have no effect on the value of ST to heroes, which is a Good Thing.
Maybe so, but where did "Power" come from? There is ST, DX, and IQ; so what is the point-of-origin of "Power"?

Last edited by Jim Kane; 03-15-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote