View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 09:26 PM   #115
Michael Thayne

Default Re: Nordlond: The Citadel at Nordvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Not quite sure how to react to that. Can you give some examples? The interrelated plotlines are pretty deliberate, and ensure that a group of players will make friends and enemies no matter with whom they interact. I did provide a handy relationship map in the back to help sort it out.
For one thing, I'm glad the glossary is there, but having to flip to it regularly slows the reading process down. Plus, not every unfamiliar term is in there. Here's a few examples of questions I couldn't quickly answer for myself reading the book, all of them raised literally on page 1 (TBF that's the page with the numeral "1" at the bottom, not the first page of the preface):
  • How bad is it that "Faerie raiding" is a thing that happens? Put another way, what's the Faerie's threat level? The preface has them has them locking away the godlike Elder Dragons in some sort of stasis, but in the "Quick Start" box on p. 3 a group of Faerie is suggested as a nice easy fight for new PCs.
  • Frostharrow—what’s that? Something to do with Faerie I take it, but it’s not entirely clear.
  • Dragongrounds—is the Endalaus Forest part of the Dragongrounds, or do the Dragon grounds lie beyond it, or in an entirely different direction, or what?

I'm not asking these questions because I feel permanently stumped on them; I suspect I could work out the answers eventually. But it's a snapshot of what it's like trying to digest the new setting. It's a bit like reading GURPS Martial Arts: Technical Grappling for the first time, actually.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote