View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #28
Rowan

Default Re: Questions about Alternate Worldline Design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
I had a similar thought. Weapons made of metal would be fashioned after stone ones. For example, rather than an iron sword, you'd see a Macuahuitl with iron teeth. Metal spear heads would be affixed like stone ones (splitting the wood, slotting the head in and wrapping with cord or sinew) rather than making a metal "sleave" that fits over the haft. Making the metal blades themselves would be another problem entirely... the few high-quality ones would be weapons of legend.
In regards to their technology in metalworking and the like. Yes. I agree. Currently their society is supposed to be TL 3. But I specifically noted that their TL in metalworking was TL 1. But this was during the time that I was still toying with the idea of them making some use of at least bronze, so I wanted them to know how to make the alloy, really. But now .. I think it's probably be better to have that set to TL 0 in metalworking. Thoughts? Make sense? The rare metal that might be around might only be able to be worked by rare people.. most folks will have never even encountered the stuff, let along interacted with it.