View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Seraphim and Symphony fishing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
What prevents Seraphim in Heaven from simply information fishing for everything not Superior fuzzed in the Symphony?
As said: unless there's a connection between the speaker and the Truth, the Truth is, "You're saying that in the hopes that the hand of God touches the Seraphim listening, so you can get information about something you don't know anything about."

Not to mention that -- as said -- in Heaven the only thing the Cherub can do is make a statement that it believes is true. Otherwise, the truth (if not the Truth) of the statement becomes, "I want the Seraphim to tell me if X is true or false."

Now, in some case where there is a connection (something the speaker has, or something the Seraph has), I'd personally allow Symphony-fishing to some extent. But considering that in Heaven, the angelic is pretty likely to include "I'm Symphony-fishing" or "I believe X" as part of the statement... This might work best on Earth!