View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #2
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Help with a Morph

Ok, I'm a touch confused by what you want here exactly. Let me try to spell it out and see if I can clarify.

You want this character to be able to shapeshift any part of their body (improvised forms) into the shape of a body part that they've consumed (requires sample). However, that body part doesn't act like the body part it's shapeshifted into (Cosmetic). So they could eat an elephant's trunk, and then turn their nose into a trunk, but it wouldn't be capable of grasping or lifting or anything? Do I have this right?

On the topic of "Genetic Match", I wouldn't price it nearly so high, personally. As you say, genetic testing is not going to be common in your setting anyway, and an extra 25 points for what's basically a very rare way of seeing through the disguise is probably not going to appeal to players. I wouldn't price "matches the genetics of a shape" at more than +10% in a setting where genetic testing is common and easy, or +5% in one where it's possible, but expensive and time-consuming.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote