View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:09 AM   #5
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Skarg's Experience Point house rule

SKARG - Okay, but again, I think before we begin to get into the merits and specific details of your rules, can we address and answer the question regarding the value of IQ in combat first?

Unless we are going to ignore IQ and the value of combat talents for ease of play-abilty, which TFT:ITL does, I think it is most important that we have a method to accurately measure the total independent combat value of the whole combatant first, before we can begin to compare one combatant's relative EP value to another, regardless of the rules which guide us in doing so.

In order to do that, I feel we must answer the question of the IQ variable and the value of the associated combat talents contained therein first and foremost.

The current TFT:ITL rules for factoring the EP value of a figure do not account for the IQ value and the associated combat talents contained therein, therefore, under the current TFT:ITL rules: A 45-point Character with ST-15 DX-15 IQ-15 and NO COMBAT TALENTS has a total EP value of 30; whereas, a 45-point Character with ST-15 DX-15 IQ-15 and MANY COMBAT TALENTS, also has the exact same total EP value of 30.

Do you agree these two figures are equivalent in potential combat effectiveness?
Do you agree these two figures present the same level of potential challenge in combat?
Do you agree these two figures should be worth the same EP award if defeated?

The current TFT:ITL EP rules for combat say they are.

If you do NOT agree with the above, then I say we must address and resolve the value of IQ and the combat talents first - being the only variable between the two fighters - before we can examine the merits of any EP rules set which is designed to to address the problem of: "awards far too much EP for easy kills by superior fighters."

What say you?

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 05-15-2018 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Typo; clarity
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote