View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 09:21 PM   #139
DreadDomain

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
Did you check to see if there was a way to do it with Natural Weaponry? That would be nice because the lasso, as a gadget, would have the Binding based on the user's ST rather than an arbitrary Bind level. I mention this because 40 seems somewhat low for WW while it would be strange for Batman to be able to use it to pin down someone with x100 times his strength.
I didn't but I will. It's a good idea.

EDIT: Actually, I had! The problem is that Natural Weapon is based on damage type, cr, cut, etc...) and not on ST so it became an awkward build.

I can try to make room to increase it to 60 and add a -0% feature that this number is equalto the user's ST. Something that my build doesn't represent is that the Bind must be maintain (WW has to hold the lasso to keep someone restrained). I could add Requires Ready (-10%) or even All-Our (-25%).

Quote:
I've considered going different routes for this. Languages aren't really skills, though, so using Wildcards does seem odd. As advantages, Wild Powers per Supers 41, bought on 2 different languages (Language A! Language B!) seems rather inexpensive and strangely legal..
I actually used the rules for Wildcard Languages in Power-Ups 7 p.20

Quote:
BTW, at the very end you seem to some Superman appropriate notes that don't apply to WW.
Fixed!

Last edited by DreadDomain; 03-01-2019 at 09:49 PM.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote